Permaculture Teacher Training Course at Bungendore, only 40km from the APC venue, immediatly prior to the APC. Seven days of intensive permaculture teacher training that will change the way you think about education, in Canberra region (to be defined).
Dates: 07 April to 13 April 2018
Time: 9am to 5.00pm each day
Venue: Canberra region
Teachers : Join Hannah Moloney & Nick Ritar
Permaculture teacher training can build your ability to empower others with life-changing skills. Learn how to pass on knowledge of permaculture theory and practice in a way that creates real change within your students, and activates entire communities.
This intensive 7-day residential course will cover many essential and practical aspects of permaculture teaching that can then be applied to PDC teaching, community permaculture education, permaculture school garden teaching and many other forms of knowledge transfer.
Our stellar teaching team are all very well known for their pragmatic and effective approaches to creating Permaculture systems and effectively teaching others, across an incredibly broad range of environments.
Their knowledge on how to create abundance, food security and successful sustainable farming models, no matter what the country, is extensive.
In addition to being much valued permaculture designers and educators, Hannah and Nick are also passionate about permaculture teacher training.
You will leave this course with an understanding of:
- How to teach PDC’s and short courses effectively
- Teaching methods – lectures, workshop, groups, etc.
- Who are your learners – what do they want?
- Principles of adult learning
- Learning targets
- Teaching tools, references, models
- What makes a good teacher?
- Assessments of class and teacher
- Visual tools – materials, etc.
- What are our desired outcomes?
- Effective PDC course structures
- Learners with special needs, prisoners, ethnic minorities