Tours are a way learning by seeing…
On-site tours are the direct evidence that permaculture ideas work. Please find below a list of the tours that will be provided before and after the convergence. There will be more and more tours organised as we get closer to the Convergence. Stay updated by visiting our webpage regularly or subscribing to our newsletter! If you would like to offer a tour of your site, please fill the form at the bottom of the page.
- The Grand Permaculture Tour — COST: $100 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes transport, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, guided tours. DATE: Tour leaves afternoon Sunday 22nd April 2018 return late Friday 27th April 2018. This tour travels north of Canberra to mature permaculture sites through Southern Highlands then down through Kangaroo Valley and Berry, then north to Gerringong and Kiama and Wollongong then back to Canberra. Key sites on this tour include Earth-Keepers, Jill Cockram, Silk Farm – a 25 yr old Permaculture Food Forest, Community gardens and city farms and co-operatives.
- Millpost Farm Tour — COST: $120 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes minibus transportation to the farm and a homegrown lunch. DATE: Saturday 14th April 2018. Millpost is one of the oldest broadscale Permaculture farms in Australia. David and Judith have been implementing Permaculture on Millpost since 1979. They were both students at the inaugural PDC in Stanley, Tasmania, in January 1980. David Holmgren completed a Permaculture Design for the farm in 1994.
- Canberra Permaculture Tour – Saturday 14th April 2018. Details coming soon.
- Southern Tablelands Tour – COST: $120 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes minibus transportation to the farm and a homegrown lunch. DATE: Friday 20th April 2018. This tour provides you with practical examples of what works in our cold climate (with hot dry summers) from a sustainable building and integrated farming perspective. We travel from the Wamboin escarpment, through Bywong to the eastern side of the great dividing range, looking at the diversity of integrated permaculture food production and simple living activities can be achieved on small scale, poor soil and low rainfall farms..
- Bega Valley Tour – COST: $300 per person for the two days, everything included, transportation, accommodation, food and happiness! DATE: Friday 20th and Saturday 21st April 2018. 2 Day Tour of 6 properties in the Bega Valley including overnight stay at The Crosssing
If you would like to assist in planning a tour, or have a permaculture property that you’d like to be included in our tours please let us know: