APC14 tours are a way learning by seeing…
On-site APC14 tours are the direct evidence that permaculture ideas work. Please find below a list of the tours that will be provided before and after the convergence. There will be more and more tours organised as we get closer to the Convergence. Stay updated by visiting our webpage regularly or subscribing to our newsletter! If you would like to offer a tour of your site, please fill the form at the bottom of the page.
- The Grand Permaculture Tour — COST: $100 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes transport, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, guided tours. DATE: Tour leaves afternoon Sunday 22nd April 2018 return late Friday 27th April 2018. This tour travels north of Canberra to mature permaculture sites through Southern Highlands then down through Kangaroo Valley and Berry, then north to Gerringong and Kiama and Wollongong then back to Canberra. Key sites on this tour include Earth-Keepers, Jill Cockram, Silk Farm – a 25 yr old Permaculture Food Forest, Community gardens and city farms and co-operatives.
- Millpost Farm Tour — COST: $120 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes minibus transportation to the farm and a homegrown lunch. DATE: Saturday 14th April 2018. Millpost is one of the oldest broadscale Permaculture farms in Australia. David and Judith have been implementing Permaculture on Millpost since 1979. They were both students at the inaugural PDC in Stanley, Tasmania, in January 1980. David Holmgren completed a Permaculture Design for the farm in 1994.
- Canberra Permaculture Tour – COST: $55 per person including transport, morning tea and lunch. Saturday 14th April 2018.The aim of the tour is to highlight a range of activities going on in the national capital, with a common theme around community involvement, partnering with government and other not-for-profits and how we can better look after the planet in an urban context.
- Southern Tablelands Tour — COST: $120 per person per day [excludes accommodation and evening meal] includes minibus transportation to the farm and a homegrown lunch. DATE: Friday 20th April 2018. This tour provides you with practical examples of what works in our cold climate (with hot dry summers) from a sustainable building and integrated farming perspective. We travel from the Wamboin escarpment, through Bywong to the eastern side of the great dividing range, looking at the diversity of integrated permaculture food production and simple living activities can be achieved on small scale, poor soil and low rainfall farms.
- Bega Valley Tour — COST: $300 per person for the two days, everything included, transportation, accommodation, food and happiness! DATE: Friday 20th and Saturday 21st April 2018. 2 Day Tour of 6 properties in the Bega Valley including overnight stay at The Crosssing.
- Randwick Sustainability Hub — COST: FREE. DATE: Saturday 21 April 2018. Come on one of the tours of an urban permaculture community park project — the Randwick Sustainability Hub — it’s FREE. Join us for the opening of the final stage of Hub project with Mayor Cr Lindsay Shurey and after we’ll be planting out our new garden with ABC TV’s host of Gardening Australia, Costa Georgiadis. A project designed by permaculture designers, Terry Bail and Steve Batley. We are running our International Permaculture Day event early so those people who are coming to the Australasian Permaculture Convergence (APC14) and are passing through Sydney, can come for our FREE workshops and tours.
- Ainslie Urban Farm Tour – ACT – Ainslie Urban Farm is a 1000 square metre block in Ainslie following permaculture principles with 40 + fruit trees, nuts, berries, vegetables, chickens, bees and a greenhosue. The owners grow microgreens for Canberra Restaurants. Customers include the National Arboretum and the 2 hatted Aubergine. The owners did a passive solar house renovation yet the house is still a 1938 Ainslie Cottage of 100square metres.
If you would like to assist in planning a tour, or have a permaculture property that you’d like to be included in our tours please let us know: